Hiring for Support Engineer
Are you a self-starter passionate about your users and technology; hungry for growth and success? Then read on…
Schools spend $1.3 billion every year on administration software alone and $12 billion on overall operations. This is a large market that has a lot of need and is ripe for disruption.
Helios Ed is delivering SaaS business and HR solutions to school districts and charters. Over 400 schools across California are saving 75% time and cost by streamlining their processes and reducing overhead. It helps districts go paperless and enables administrators to get the right insights from their data. Helios is headquartered in San Mateo, California.
Helios Ed is seeking an experienced Support Engineer to support our expanding base of users. If you are passionate about making users happy and solving technical issues gives you joy, we want you.
Helios offers an attractive package and provides challenging and fulfilling work in the education space. You can help make our schools better and ultimately make an impact on the children. Best of all, you get to grow with an innovative company that can even take you to the career growth are you looking for.
What You will be doing:
- Support Helios applications and users
- Handle the support desk, responding to calls and emails
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues reported by users, escalate to development team if needed
- Train users on how to use the applications through webinars or in-person instruction
- Import and export complex data and do data transformations using SQL Server
- Write intermediate to advanced SQL queries and views for creating reports, extracting data or importing data in SQL Server
- Work with customers to implement the product including understanding their requirements and configuring the application accordingly
- Test applications, identify issues, and report to development team
- Write documentation on how to use the product for non-technical and technical users
- Understand education related terminology and nuances (we will train you)
What You need to have:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in writing SQL Server queries, stored procedures, functions, and views
- Demonstrated ability to import and export data, and do data transformations in SQL Server
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knack for working with users and making them happy and satisfied with the product
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, technology, or a related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in technical support
- 5+ years’ experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience with creating reports using RDLC, Crystal Reports, or other reporting tools preferred
Why you will want to work for us:
- Attractive package including salary and bonus
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401K contribution
- Grow with an innovative company in a rewarding role working with our schools
Helios Ed is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veteran’s status.
If you’ve got this, reach out to yash at heliosed dot com with your resume and a cover letter.